1. Shop Southlake Offering both world-renowned retailers and one-of-a-kind boutique stores, Southlake has something for every savvy shopper. With nearly 260 amazing retail venues, Southlake takes shopping in a whole new direction. Check out each of these locations for your premier shopping experience: Southlake Town Square, Shops of Southlake, and Gateway Plaza.
2. Eat Your Heart Out With more than 130 great restaurants, cool patios, casual bars and upscale lounges, Southlake caters to every taste. Sample globally-inspired dishes and specialty cocktails at TruFire. Grab some wings and watch the game at Duff’s Famous Wings. Experience traditional Italian family fare on the patio at Patrizio Osteria. Or cool off from the Texas heat with a frozen treat from Milwaukee Joe’s Gourmet Ice Cream. Find a complete listing of restaurants in Southlake here.
3. Southlake Spas Are you in need of a relaxing afternoon with your girls? Or maybe you’re just looking for some “you” time. Whatever it may be, there are plenty of spas here in Southlake to fit your needs. Book your next Spa Day at one of over 20 different salons and spas throughout the city. From getting a simple mani-pedi to a Swedish massage, Southlake has a spa just right for you!
5. Spend a night at the Hilton Southlake Town Square This boutique-style hotel is ideal for a evening or weekend getaway, family reunion or any memorable social event. Feel at home within the European-inspired design, rich earth-toned color scheme and modern furnishings. Relax in one of the 248 spacious rooms or 40 magnificent suites. Watch a movie on your high definition flat-screen TV or surf the web with complimentary WiFi internet access. Indulge in the luxurious Hilton Serenity bed and relax with Peter Thomas Roth bath products. www.HiltonSouthlakeTownSquare.com
6. Take in a Concert Summer nights in Southlake are perfect for taking in some live music in the park. Join us for the MasterWorks Music Series or an orchestra performance put on by the APEX Arts League. Bringing the best music acts in DFW, Southlake offers music for every genre throughout the year. Most concerts are held at Southlake Town Square in Family Park, so bring your blankets and enjoy an evening of music.
7. Picnic in the Park Situated in the center of the DFW Metroplex, Southlake is a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. With almost 20 different parks located around the city, there are plenty of choices for your afternoon picnic with the family or a romantic evening stroll through the park.
8. Bob Jones Nature Center The Bob Jones Nature Center offers educational classes, activities, and natural attractions galore! They are here to help you appreciate the beauty and understand the importance of the Cross Timbers ecosystem. Come to hike, to bird or to learn more about this precious North Central Texas habitat. The Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve is a City of Southlake park, and a treasure for all of us.
9. Southlake Historical Tour Think there’s no history in Southlake? Think again! Our area has a rich history that reaches past Southlake’s birth in 1956 to the 1840s, when Texas was a republic, and before. Follow the Southlake Historical Society’sonline map to take the family (especially “Little House”-loving kids itching for an adventure) on a magical history tour. Learn more about Southlake’s past and, no matter how long you’ve been here, you’ll feel a deeper connection to this interesting city we call home.
10. Walk the Square Known for its’ charming atmosphere, Southlake Town Square provides the perfect atmosphere for an afternoon stroll through the square.
11. Take a Cooking Class at Central Market From knife skills to the latest cooking techniques, there’s always something new to learn in the Central Market cooking classes, taught by their cooking school staff, featured instructors, and celebrity chefs from around the world. You’ll always leave hungry for more. And we promise no pop quizzes. For more information, visit their website at www.CentralMarket.com/Cooking-School
12. Catch a movie at Harkins Harkins Theatres in Southlake is home to one of the largest movie theaters, the well-known Cine Capri. With a massive screen over 70′ wide, towering before 600 stadium-style Ultimate Rocker loveseats, you don’t want to miss this spectacular cinema experience. 30,000 watts of crisp, pristine digital sound brings movies to life in a way that must be experienced to be believed. Learn more about Harkins and Movie times atwww.HarkinsTheatres.com
Author:Sandra Hunt Phone: 682-597-7130 Dated: May 6th 2015 Views: 147 About Sandra: Born in Dallas and a Dallas Fort Worth area resident for her whole life, Sandra knows her way around...
Some industry experts are saying that the housing market may be headin
"Trenton was just the opposite and exceeded my expectations above and beyond all others. He had more knowledge, skills, and expertise then any of the agents I met or worked with that had several years of experience. He acted quickly and in the same day of us speaking, he found EXACTLY what I was looking in the first list that consisted of two homes. I liked one of the two homes, and he made time the next day to show me the home. I loved it and made an offer immediately, which was accepted three days later...on my birthday. I closed 35 days later, only because the Seller's needed more time to find their new home. "