19 Kitchen Projects Every Homeowner Should Know About
19 Kitchen Projects Every Homeowner Should Know About
These days the kitchen is the most important room in the house. We’re constantly calling it our main hub, where we cook fresh meals, entertain guests, do homework, post messages and, yes, every now and then watch TV. But with the increased focus on function comes a lot of stuff that needs fixing, replacing, tweaking, cleaning and organizing. For that you’ll need to arm yourself with some kitchen knowledge so you can stay on top of what’s most important. Here are 19 projects good for every home dweller to know about.
1. Choose a new kitchen sink. Is there anything in your kitchen that gets used as much as your sink? Doubtful. That’s why it’s important to choose the right one — size, width, style — for your space.
2. Pick a new kitchen faucet. Sure, a faucet is a must for practical tasks, but it also helps define the style of your kitchen.
3. Replace your kitchen faucet. This is a project that’s straightforward enough for many homeowners or a handy friend.
4. Reface your kitchen cabinets. The costs of buying or building new cabinets can add up quick. Refacing might be a more affordable option for you — and can add 10 years of life to your cabinets.
5. Paint your cabinets a new color. Maybe refacing isn’t what you need but a jazzy new paint color is. This is another more budget-friendly option than replacing, but the glossy finish on the woodwork may prove challenging for some DIYers.
7. Choose new cabinet knobs and pulls. This isn’t as easy as it sounds. There are countless styles of pulls, knobs, hinges and more to make sense of. Our ideabook helps you get started.
8. Add toe-kick storage. You know that unused space underneath your cabinets? It offers an amazing storage opportunity.
9. Organize everything. From the pantry and shelves to the cabinets and appliances, we accumulate a lot of stuff in our kitchens. What you need is a full-on game plan to get everything in order.
10. Build a mail and message center. Of course, clutter comes from outside the kitchen too, in the form of mail, notes, keys and more. Take control over the mess with your own message center.
11. Keep your white space looking white. All-white kitchens are still all the rage. But also raging are homeowners trying to keep them clean. Learn a few key tips and tricks.
12. Clean tile grout. Is there anything on this planet that’s harder to clean than tile grout? Probably not.
13. Clean your cutting board. With all the action — and bacteria — your cutting boards and butcher blocks see, keeping them clean should be part of your routine.
14. Get the right tools for the job. A kitchen is useless without the right utensils and cookware to make it function.
15. Shop for appliances wisely. No two ovens or microwaves or refrigerators are created equal.
16. Make a stand for tablets and cookbooks. It sounds pretty basic, but this little accessory will make your life in the kitchen so much easier.
17. Make a funky charging station to hide all those wires. The onslaught of tech gadgets in our lives has happened much too quickly for our kitchens to keep up with, leaving us with vital counter space strewn with wires and devices.
18. Install a kitchen backsplash. A new kitchen backsplash can dramatically change the way your kitchen looks and feels. The great thing is that, if you’re choosing tile, it’s a project you might be able to do yourself.
19. Add storage to your backsplash for hanging pots, pans and utensils. Already got a backsplash but want to make better use of it? Installing systems for hanging utensils and pans is a great way to maximize that wall.
6. Learn how to talk about kitchen cabinet door styles. Do you know what an inset, a partial overlay and a full overlay are? Well, these little pieces of knowledge will have a huge impact on how you view, design or remodel your kitchen.
Author:JP Piccinini Phone: 480-980-9025 Dated: September 9th 2014 Views: 863 About JP: JP Piccinini is CEO and Founder of JP and Associates REALTORS (JPAR), Founder and CEO ofOdasi Real E...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
When it comes to home ownership, there are few aspects of the building
"John was extremely patient, forthright and professional all during our working relationship. He was courteous with my wife and son while thoroughly answering every question that we would raise. John was very responsive to our numerous request for showings and always was timely and followed through on all leads. I would highly recommend John as your agent, regardless of the scope of your purchase. He will represent you very well in one of the most important decisions that you will make."