Maintaining a strong credit score is one of the most important things potential buyers can do if they want to qualify for a mortgage, since credit scores are used by lenders to measure financial health. A recent study showed that 34 percent of potential buyers believe their current score will hurt their future ability to purchase a home.
1. Don't be late. Paying bills on time is essential, since a person's payment history makes up 35 percent of the total credit score. A late bill payment of 30 to 60 days also gets reported to credit bureaus and stays on the credit report for a whopping seven years.
2. Applying for new credit. According the National Association of REALTORS®, applying and being approved for a new line of credit can cause concern with lenders who might take it as a sign that there's a higher risk of default due to increased spending. Bottom line, if your potential buyers are planning to apply for a home loan in the near future, make sure they don't apply for anything else around the same time, Yahoo! Finance warns.
3. Having high balances. Just making minimum credit card payments isn't good enough for most mortgage companies. People who hold high credit balances are not looked as favorable loan candidates since high balances and maxed out cards raises the debt-to-income ratio, according to lenders.
4. Too much disputing. While it's a good idea to keep tabs on the credit report and dispute false charges, doing so too-often will be a red flag to lenders who may chalk it up to gaming the score instead.
5. Not having a credit history at all. Credit can't be established if there's none to begin with, so if your clients have a thin credit file, let them know they need to start building their history before applying for a home loan.
Author:Deborah Boyd Phone: 940-368-1306 Dated: May 31st 2016 Views: 776 About Deborah: My family has lived in North Texas for generations so I personally know the residential areas of Fri...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Plano Best City for Families, wallethub.com, 2014 Best S
"We previously were working with another realtor, and came across Kimberly and what a blessing that was. She has such a spirit about her that we loved instantly. From then on, we have came to find that she does exactly what she says she will do and does it with all her might. "