The home inspection is perhaps the rockiest phase of a home purchase because the issues that arise could scare buyers off. But there are typical problems that sellers can be proactive about repairing in order to save the deal. Realtor.com® recently highlighted five of these problems and what sellers can do about them:
1. Dank basement: Seepage into the basement could lead to flooding. Small cracks or a foundation wall could cause groundwater to enter in. A basement waterproofing contractor can provide a quote on how to quickly repair any minor problems.
2. Faulty wiring: Home inspector Reggie Marston told realtor.com® that he will often find "ungrounded fixtures, spliced wires not terminated in a proper electric box, receptacles wired backward, and improper breakers in the electric service panel." An electrician can help sort out and resolve any potential electrical issues.
3. Leaky roofs: A leaky roof can eventually cause mold to form. Even small leaks can become more troublesome if they're not repaired.
4. Amateur workmanship: DIY jobs by the home owner can cause lots of problems, too. "With plumbing, the owners will install the toilet but don't tighten it securely to the floor," says Marston. "I'll find a toilet's so loose that I counsel my client it should have a seat belt installed so nobody falls off!" For home owners who have tackled DIY projects, they may want to hire a professional to double-check their work prior to putting the home on the market.
5. Poor maintenance: Home owners who didn't do proper upkeep of the home may find that several issues surface during a home inspection. "All components in a residence require some type of maintenance," Marston told realtor.com®. "Water heaters as well as heating and air-conditioning systems should be serviced yearly. Caulk tubs and showers to prevent water leakage. Frequently remove and clean stove exhaust fan filters."
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice