As we get closer and closer to the end of 2016, many people are brainstorming on their 2017 resolutions! One of the top resolutions for potential homebuyers is to buy a home! Here are some tips to help make buying a home within your reach in 2017.
1. Create a budget - News flash: most people do not have a budget, or if they have one, they do not stick to it. Start the new year off right and make a smart budget for the year. The task of budgeting for the entire year may seem daunting, but can be simplified by breaking it up by the month, or even by the week. Make sure to include in the budget a certain amount that will go into your savings.
2. Automatically set aside down payment money - If you receive a direct deposit, have a portion go towards a savings account for your downpayment. This will be taken out of your check automatically, so you don't have to think about doing it. Watch how this money grows over time.
3. Automate your payments for your bills - One of the things that can harm your credit is by having late payments. We are all very busy with the many things we have going on in our lives, so it is easy to forget about paying a bill. Reduce the chances of having a late payment by setting up auto pay. Arrange it around the time when you get paid so you know that there is sufficient funds in your account.
4. Clean up your credit - The minimum credit score that most lenders require to qualify for a mortgage loan is 620. But don't worry, if your credit is lower there is still hope! Consult your lender who should be able to provide tips on what you need to do to improve your score. Hiring a professional credit repair company is also an option. You can also take a stab at repairing your credit yourself by reviewing your credit report a few times a year, paying down past due payments, making on time future payments, etc.
5. Plan for the extra expenses - Becoming a homeowner requires more expenses than just the downpayment, closing costs and other expenses that occur during the process of closing on a home. In some cases you have to factor in the cost of getting new furniture, new paint, lawn maintenance tools, etc. Make sure to plan for that and start saving for these things early.
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Sellers: Your Home is an Oasis in an Inventory Desert First-time ho
"The home we have lived in for the past 12 years definitely needed some updates and costly repairs to make it ready to put on the market. Addison was very helpful in informing us about which updates had a high impact in our ability to sell our home for the best return and which we shouldn't worry about spending money on. After a few minor changes, we got 3 offers over ask and couldn't be happier! "