Making a few changes around the home can lead to big savings, and doesn't everyone resolve to save more in the new year? Here are a few ideas:
1. Energy audits: Utility companies may offer an energy audit (some for free) where experts come in to assess how a home consumes energy and identifies areas for improvement. Inspectors may perform the audit remotely or by visiting your home. It's been known to save as much as 30 percent on monthly bills. Search for an energy auditor near your ZIP code at the Residential Energy Services Network.
2. Adjust your water heater: Lower the water heater by just 10 degrees Fahrenheit, and you may be able to curb your heating costs by 3 percent to 5 percent. A cover for your water heater can also keep the heat in and save an extra 4 percent to 9 percent.
3. Change the light bulbs: Swapping out your current bulbs for low-energy ones can help reduce lighting costs. A 60-watt bulb, which costs about $6, will save between $30 and $80 over its lifetime. With households typically having a minimum of 50 bulbs, home owners could see a potential $1,500 in savings.
4. Wash your clothes on cold: By using less hot water for laundry, you can save about $60 per year. Dryers account for 12 percent of energy in an average household, so line-drying clothes could save an extra $200 per year. If you do use the dryer, make sure you clean your vent, which can reduce energy costs by $9 to $12 per month.
5. Get rid of cable: Cutting the cord to your landline or cable can save you $100 a month. As an alternative, a Chromecast, which streams shows from your smartphone or computer to your television, costs just $35.
Author:Deborah Boyd Phone: 940-368-1306 Dated: December 31st 2015 Views: 2,219 About Deborah: My family has lived in North Texas for generations so I personally know the residential areas of Fri...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
I read recently that the CEO of Zillow.com, Spencer Rascoff collected
"We interviewed 2 different realtors when we decided to list our house. Pam was very responsive and personable. From the time we signed with her until after the closing she was quick to respond and eager to advise. We received 5 offers on our house within 5 days of it being listed and all we over our asking price. The process went smoothly with her guidance and assistance"