When you’re selling your property, there’s one important thing you shouldn’t ignore: your safety. While it’s unlikely you’ll experience issues, there are a few precautions you can take to avoid problems.
1. Hire a REALTOR®. If yousell your property on your own, how will you vet strangers who want to see it? REALTORS® often manage that guesswork by assessing prospects and handling viewing appointments around your schedule.
2. Store your valuables. Before your house is shown to prospective buyers, you may want to put valuable items like cash or jewelry in a safe-deposit box, or temporarily house your high-quality electronics in a storage facility. And put those valuable items away before your REALTOR® takes photosso your listing doesn't attract people interested in these items rather than your property.
3. Put away your prescriptions. Lock up your prescription medication or keep it with you when you leave for showings or an open house, since it’s another item that criminals often target.
4. Pack upyour family photos. Storing these photos is often recommended for staging, but it can also be a safety measure. People touring your home don’t need to know your personal details, like the size of your family or what your kids look like.
5. Make prospective buyers go through your REALTOR®. A for sale sign in your yard might attract people who will ring your doorbell to ask about viewing your property. Don’t let people enter your home in these circumstances. Instead, have them contact your REALTOR® to set up an appointment.
I’m a Texas REALTOR®, and have many other tips to help you stay safe as a seller, and will ensure you have a smooth sale. Please contact me to discuss your property and how we can keep your family safe & sell your home.
click on the link to find out your home value;
Mikki Migis, Realtor
JP & Associates Realtors
10/16/2015 | Author: Texas Association of Realtors, Editorial Staff
Author:Mikki Migis Phone: 214-277-3989 Dated: December 4th 2015 Views: 535 About Mikki: I graduated from Vincennes University with a degreee in Nursing. After college, I worked as a RN i...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
District 100 Best Communities for Young People - recognize
"I would highly recommend Kimberly to anyone. She is very nice, professional and honest. Getting a home can be very stressful, and exciting, but she made the process less stressful. Don't hesitate to select Kimberly.