When you’re selling your property, there’s one important thing you shouldn’t ignore: your safety. While it’s unlikely you’ll experience issues, there are a few precautions you can take to avoid problems.
1. Hire a REALTOR®. If yousell your property on your own, how will you vet strangers who want to see it? REALTORS® often manage that guesswork by assessing prospects and handling viewing appointments around your schedule.
2. Store your valuables. Before your house is shown to prospective buyers, you may want to put valuable items like cash or jewelry in a safe-deposit box, or temporarily house your high-quality electronics in a storage facility. And put those valuable items away before your REALTOR® takes photosso your listing doesn't attract people interested in these items rather than your property.
3. Put away your prescriptions. Lock up your prescription medication or keep it with you when you leave for showings or an open house, since it’s another item that criminals often target.
4. Pack upyour family photos. Storing these photos is often recommended for staging, but it can also be a safety measure. People touring your home don’t need to know your personal details, like the size of your family or what your kids look like.
5. Make prospective buyers go through your REALTOR®. A for sale sign in your yard might attract people who will ring your doorbell to ask about viewing your property. Don’t let people enter your home in these circumstances. Instead, have them contact your REALTOR® to set up an appointment.
I’m a Texas REALTOR®, and have many other tips to help you stay safe as a seller, and will ensure you have a smooth sale. Please contact me to discuss your property and how we can keep your family safe & sell your home.
click on the link to find out your home value;
Mikki Migis, Realtor
JP & Associates Realtors
10/16/2015 | Author: Texas Association of Realtors, Editorial Staff
Author:Mikki Migis Phone: 214-277-3989 Dated: December 4th 2015 Views: 478 About Mikki: I graduated from Vincennes University with a degreee in Nursing. After college, I worked as a RN i...
"God definitely hand-picked you guys to list our house and help us all along the way until we got into our new house. We have been blessed with the whole process from start to finish. We just say thank you so much for taking such great care of us!"