When you’re selling your property, there’s one important thing you shouldn’t ignore: your safety. While it’s unlikely you’ll experience issues, there are a few precautions you can take to avoid problems.
1. Hire a REALTOR®. If yousell your property on your own, how will you vet strangers who want to see it? REALTORS® often manage that guesswork by assessing prospects and handling viewing appointments around your schedule.
2. Store your valuables. Before your house is shown to prospective buyers, you may want to put valuable items like cash or jewelry in a safe-deposit box, or temporarily house your high-quality electronics in a storage facility. And put those valuable items away before your REALTOR® takes photosso your listing doesn't attract people interested in these items rather than your property.
3. Put away your prescriptions. Lock up your prescription medication or keep it with you when you leave for showings or an open house, since it’s another item that criminals often target.
4. Pack upyour family photos. Storing these photos is often recommended for staging, but it can also be a safety measure. People touring your home don’t need to know your personal details, like the size of your family or what your kids look like.
5. Make prospective buyers go through your REALTOR®. A for sale sign in your yard might attract people who will ring your doorbell to ask about viewing your property. Don’t let people enter your home in these circumstances. Instead, have them contact your REALTOR® to set up an appointment.
I’m a Texas REALTOR®, and have many other tips to help you stay safe as a seller, and will ensure you have a smooth sale. Please contact me to discuss your property and how we can keep your family safe & sell your home.
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
The Cost of Waiting: Interest Rates EditionSome Highlights:Interest ra
"Corey was our realtor for the purchase of our first ever home! He made the process so much easier and I can honestly say that as first time home buyers we wouldn’t have been able to do it without him! He helped us find a lender that walked us through everything in the mortgage process and spent extra time helping us understand how everything works. Corey had a plan and was able to help us see about 25 houses in two days and help us find the home of our dreams on only the second day of searching! Corey and my lender went above and beyond to make sure that we were able to close in about 4 weeks. We couldn’t believe that we were already closing and moving in on August 2nd when we had only really begun the search process in the middle of July! Corey took care of multiple things around the house for us during the move in process, including finding us great deals on contractors to help make our home beautiful. He even stuck around and watched my house for a couple of hours while there was a painter working and cable/internet being installed so I wouldn’t have to leave my house alone! Corey still checks in with us on a weekly basis and continues to help us add value to our home. We are incredibly happy that we already consider ourselves at home in our new house. We owe all of the thanks in the world to Corey and the team he assembled for putting us in the position that we are in. We urge anyone who is a homebuyer, especially a first time homebuyer, to reach out to Corey to represent them as their realtor. We know he will continue to have similar successes with other families because of his dedication to his client’s needs and wants. Thank you Corey for all you have done and continue to do for our family!"