You’re ready to buy your first home! You know that you want 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and the perfect suberb. However, is that all you really need to do before submitting your first offer? NO, there are definitly 6 things that you need to consider before beginning one of the most expensive & important purchases of your lifetime. It pays off to have yourself prepared.
1. Determine what it most important in a home. All of us have wants in a home, but it is good to go in knowing what is a deal breaker for yourslelf. Make a list of the most important features that a home must have in order for you to purchase. This list is great to have when going and viewing homes. Your list may change as you begin to look at homes, but is a good starting point.
2. Find out your buying POWER! Find a certified mortgage specialist. They can let you know what your buying power is and about any special homebuyer assistance programs based on your profession, income, or the property’s location. Plus, you will be precertified for the loan you want. This will make your offer stronger.
3. Consider all expenses. You may qualify for the higher mortgage, but be sure to think about all of the expenses that go into home ownership. Like taxes, insurance, utilities, communting, home maintenance, & lawn care. Be sure to consider everything when you are setting your budget.
4. Ask for Documents. When wanting to make an offer on a home, be sure to look at a copy of the HOA rules. Carefully review the documents and be sure that you are willing to abide by the HOA.
5. Think about resale value. You may love the home & the location that you are considering buying, but will potential buyer’s feel the same way when you are ready to sell?
6. Hire a REALTOR. REALTORS are professionals that have experience and knowledge to help you reach your real estate goals. They will guide you through the process and work for you to obtain the best possible home.
For more information about how to buy a home, please click on the link below.
Mikki Migis, REALTOR
JP & Associates REALTORS
Author:Mikki Migis Phone: 214-277-3989 Dated: December 11th 2015 Views: 1,196 About Mikki: I graduated from Vincennes University with a degreee in Nursing. After college, I worked as a RN i...
Bring your mutts, pups and pooches to mingle with friends and family f
"Lisa Cardillo was friendly, patient, she gave me great advice through out my entire house hunting/buying process.
I'm happy to say I gained a great friend in this stressful process. She helped me every step of the way with absolute professionalism, amazing knowledge and just a wonderful experience."