The road to home ownership can be bumpy, and it’s often filled with unexpected turns and detours. That’s why it makes sense to have a real estate pro help guide the way.
According to the National Association of Realtors 2013 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, 88 percent of buyers purchase their homes through real estate agents or brokers. That reliance on real estate professionals has steadily increased from 69 percent in 2001.
While real estate websites and mobile apps can help you identify houses you may be interested in, an experienced agent does much more.
Real estate agents:
1. Guide. Before you tour your first home, your agent will take time to learn more about your wants, needs, preferences, budget and motivation. A good real estate agent will help you narrow your search and identify your priorities.
2. Educate. You should expect your agent to provide data on the local home market and comparable sales. The home-buying process can be complicated. A good agent will explain the steps involved – in a manner that makes them understandable – and provide counsel along the way.
3. Network. An agent who is familiar with your target neighborhoods will often know about homes that are for sale – even before they’re officially listed. Experienced agents tend to know other agents in the area and have good working relationships with them; this can lead to smooth transactions. Your agent may also be able to refer you to trusted professionals including lenders, home inspectors and contractors.
4. Advocate. When you work with a buyer’s agent, their fiduciary responsibility is to you. That means you have an expert who is looking out for your best financial interests, an expert who’s contractually bound to do everything in their power to protect you. If you find yourself in a situation where the same agent represents both the buyer and seller, things can get trickier, advises Scottsdale, Arizona-based real estate agent Dru Bloomfield.
“A lot of people think they’ll get a lower price by going straight to the listing agent, but that’s always not true,” she says. “If I was representing both the buyer and seller, I’d be hard-pressed to take a low-ball offer to the seller. But, as a buyer’s agent I’d do it, because I have no emotional ties or fiduciary responsibility to the seller. Buyers should work with an agent who can fully represent them.”
5. Negotiate. Your agent will handle the details of the negotiation process, including the preparation of all necessary offer and counteroffer forms. Once your inspection is done, the agent can also help you negotiate for repairs. Even the most reasonable consumers can become distraught when battling over repair requests; an agent can do “the ask” without becoming overly emotional.
6. Manage minutia. The paperwork that goes along with a real estate transaction can be exhaustive. If you forget to initial a clause or check a box, all those documents will need to be resubmitted. A good real estate agent understands the associated deadlines and details and can help you navigate these complex documents.
7. Look out. Any number of pitfalls can kill a deal as it inches toward closing; perhaps the title of the house isn’t clear, the lender hasn’t met the financing deadline or the seller has failed to disclose a plumbing problem. An experienced real estate agent knows to watch for trouble before it’s too late, and can skillfully deal with challenges as they arise.
Professional real estate agents do so much more than drive clients around to look at homes. Find an agent you trust and with whom you feel comfortable working; you’re sure to benefit from their experience, knowledge of the local market and negotiation skills.
When you are ready to buy a home put a Realtor you can trust in your corner. My professional background is one that is dedicated to service. By choosing me as your Realtor, you can be rest assured that your interests and needs will always come before "the deal." For real estate service at its finest contact me at 214-394-8299, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit my website www.mike982.com
Author:Michael Worley Phone: 214-394-8299 Dated: December 27th 2015 Views: 677 About Michael: Are you looking for a Realtor that will put your interests first? As a young kid growing up in the ...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
I read recently that the CEO of Zillow.com, Spencer Rascoff collected
""I have found Christopher Winkler to be very knowledgeable, and a guy that will roll up his sleeves to get the work done on tough deals. His past business experience provides him with a unique perspective that provides a big picture approach you won’t get from most agents. I highly recommend him."