7 Ways To Add Value To Your Home And Sell For Top Dollar
7 Ways To Add Value To Your Home And Sell For Top Dollar
Most homeowners are deeply saddened and disappointed when they realize their remodeling job did not add the value they had hoped. All of the hundreds of dollars in imported tile you used for your entry way, when appraised, barely moves the price. In today’s market, homes are selling faster than ever and home owners are wanting top dollar for their homes. Here are 7 ways to ensure you increase your property value and are able to sell your home for top dollar.
1. Kitchens You must realize, the kitchen is the center of it all. Everything revolves around the kitchen. Usually, any improvements you make to the kitchen will add some sort of value. Everyone loves a new modernized kitchen. Make sure your counters, floors, and cabinets are relevant to the times. When buyers see an “outdated” kitchen, it can cost you the sale. Even if you are on a budget, try repainting or staining your cabinets and floors. Purchase new matching appliances to go with your new counters. Lastly, try to keep the colors neutral.
2. Outdoor Replacements Some outdoor projects can add better value than an indoor one. Of course you want to make sure your curb appeal is aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but also. you want to do a few outdoor improvements to add those dollars. The projects can be really inexpensive but can give buyers wow factor. Consider replacing garage doors, siding, windows, and even front doors. If your garage door is older and rusty, go ahead and get a new one. Same for your front door. If there are panels and siding coming off of the side or rotted, go ahead and just get that fixed. Did you know, these types of improvements can be as high as a 72% return on investment?
3. Add a Bathroom The National Association of Homebuyers have suggested that over the past few years, bathrooms have become more important to home buyers than kitchens! When paired with your homes other features, a half bath can add up to 10.5 percent and a full bath up to 20% on the homes value.
4. Curb Appeal Take a second and think, how likely are you to visit a home for sale with a beautiful garden in the front and a well manicured lawn? You are extremely likely vs a home with dead grass, trees falling, and a lawn starving for water. In that case, why not make sure your curb appeal stands out from the competition. If you are not a landscaping or gardening type of person, I would suggest hiring a professional. A poorly maintained yard could actually lower the value of your home. If you don’t have the budget at this time, at least make sure the yard is free of debris, mowed, and just has a clean look to it.
5. Additional Square Footage According to NAR (National Association of Realtors), every 1000 square feet raises the value by more than 3.3 percent. Each additional bedrooms adds about 4% value to the home.6. FoundationIn North Texas, this is big. It’s the first question buyers ask about any property and the first thing they want checked out. Foundation, Foundation, Foundation. It could make you loose the sale. Go ahead and have a structural engineer come out and check the foundation. Do this so that you are aware if any repairs or adjustments need to be made. This is big. A home with a good or well services foundation can help your value and also help your home sell quicker.
7. Indoor Repairs Before you spend all of your money on cosmetics, go ahead and make sure everything is good on the inside. Make all needed upgrades and repairs to your in home systems. Plumbing, wiring, roof work, and even your heating and cooling system are all important. Not to mention these things will come up in an inspection and take your price down. It would be wise to address these problems before rather than later. A big thing to keep in mind when doing home improvements is not to go overboard. We are still talking about real estate here. So your home will be compared in value to your neighbors home and other homes in the area. With that being said, you don’t want to over-do your improvements to where it raises your home value so far that it does not even fit in the area anymore. If you are interested in a free consultation about your home value, I’d be more than happy to provide one. Contact me, Chastin J. Miles, your Dallas, TX Real Estate agent. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author:Keith Moses Phone: 469-571-8255 Dated: April 17th 2014 Views: 9,431 About Keith: ...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
According to the Mortgage Bankers Association's Weekly Applications Su
"Angela is a great Real Estate Agent. She always went above and beyond in all areas to help me. I am so thankful for an honest agent who really enjoys helping others. She is knowledgeable and shows confidence in her work."