If your bank account is still feeling the bite of last winter's electric bills, now is the time to take steps that can make a difference this winter. Here are 10 ways you can conserve energy and gain some control over winter electric bills.
1. TUNE UP YOUR FURNACE. Call a professional HVAC technician to inspect and repair your system and change its filters.
2. ADD INSULATION. Especially if your home is older, the attic insulation might have fallen out of place and even diminished over the years.
3. SEAL GAPS AND CRACKS. Use caulk or weatherstripping to close up holes around doors, windows, outlets, and trim where heated air can escape.
4. OPEN THE DRAPES. In the daytime, the sun's rays will help heat your home for free, then cover windows once the sun goes down.
5. WRAP UP IN LAYERS. It costs a lot less to put on a sweater or wrap a blanket around you than it does to move the thermostat up even a couple of degrees.
6. HUMIDIFY. A humidifier will add moisture to the air, which makes it feel warmer and helps retain heat.
7. UNBLOCK HEATING VENTS. Move furniture and other items away from vents so they can do a good job of evenly distributing warm air throughout the house.
8. TURN ON CEILING FANS. Flip the switch to make blades spin clockwise so they push heated air--which naturally rises--back down into the room.
9. TURN OFF EXHAUST FANS. The longer an exhaust fan runs, the more heated air it sends outdoors.
10. LOWER THE TEMPERATURE AT BEDTIME. You could save up to 10 percent on your heating bill if you let your house cool off a bit for eight hours.
Information courtesy of Farmers Electric Cooperative
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
The Cost of Waiting: Interest Rates EditionSome Highlights:Interest ra
"Sue is one of the best teammates a person could have. She is honest, hard-working, and always willing to support anyone in need. She goes above and beyond in her work and in encouraging others on her team to shine. She brings out the best in the people around her and is a genuinely great listener.
Sue has an amazing talent at building relationships with others. She was able to find a way to inspire greatness in some of the most challenging students at McClure Elementary School in Mckinney. Her patience in times of heightened stress and her ability to handle those stressful situations with an open mind make her a wonderful asset as a co-worker and as a friend.
I highly recommend having Sue on your team. She will be a wonderful confidant and advocate for her clients. She will go all in to ensure a great experience for all involved."