Now that the weather is cooling down a bit, it's time to get your house ready for the cold months! Spending the time and a little bit of money now can definitely save you BIG in the future!
1. Keep your gutters clear! If you can't afford to install gutters that can prevent debris and build up from gathering in your gutters, clean them out often!
2. Fix leaky faucets! Water damage is not something you want to deal with! Get these leaks fixed... sometimes its as simple as tightening a part!
3. Have your roof inspected. Water expands as it freezes so small holes or cracks can become large craters or crevices. A patch job is much cheaper than replacing the entire roof later or dealing with damages caused afterwords.
4. Insulate your pipes and consider turning off the hose spigots- Burst pipes can result when water is sitting in pipes. The water freezes and expands and boom!
5. Check doors and windows for air leaks- weatherstripping or caulking can reduce your heating bill drastically!
6. Heater/furnace- have this checked out by a professional at least once a year. Preventative appointments are MUCH cheaper than emergency appointments!!! At the least... be sure your filter is changed often.
7. Trim your trees- Once the leaves have turned, trim trees down a bit to promote growth in the Spring!
Most of these jobs can be done in a weekend! Don't wait until something goes wrong! PREVENTION is the key!!!!
Author:Leslie Fogle Phone: 214-364-5888 Dated: September 29th 2014 Views: 701 About Leslie: I was born and raised in the Central Valley of California. I attended California State University, S...
Post-Offer: An OverviewYou've made your offer, and the seller has acce
"We could not have asked for a better Realtor! Elena helped us through every step and truly cared about our happiness. She is very knowledgeable and willing to work hard to meet all your home buying needs. Thank you Elena!"