The single family home lease market in North Dallas is off the wall crazy. I probably wouldn't believe it if I haven't lived it. I have taken people to look at property who are ready to pull the trigger only to find out there are 5 applications ahead of them or the property has been leased after only being on the market for a day or two. The reality is in Frisco, Plano, The Colony or any other North Dallas area "leisure looking" is a thing of the past. Going home to think about it could cost you the house. For example, if you are currently in a lease and it doesn't end until July, then don't start visiting property until you are about a week or two out of giving your 30 day notice. You may even consider paying for a few days on your current property as well as the new lease if it is that important to you. Some owners will give more than a 30 day move in but most will not. Why should they? There is someone right behind you ready to put in an application.
My suggestions when you are ready to visit property:
1. Be prepared to have your agent call the listing agent to say you want to put in an application.
2. Being prepared means that you have the money to drop off at the listing agent's office. You can then go home and fill out an application to give to them for each adult that will be living in the house. Your buyers agent should be ready to give that to you. After filling out, scan into your computer and he/she will email to the listing agent.
3. The money is anywhere from $30 to $50 per adult that is a money order or cashier's check. Cash and checks are not accepted. If it's the weekend most offices have a drop box.
4. Speaking of the weekend....if you see something you really like and are ready to pull the trigger then try to go during the week. Everyone goes on the weekend. So if a home comes up on Wednesday that you may be interested in then get to it! Buy someone at work lunch so they will cover for you. Let it be yours to say no to.
5. Drive the neighborhood before you go out with your agent. You may love the house but the neighborhood may be to far from work or not in the school district you need. These are things that save time for both of you.
6. Most important! Make sure your agent finds out if the property owner is accepting pets. I don't care how much I love the property I would not lease if I couldn't have my dogs!
And while I am thinking about it....this should go for buyers in North Dallas as well.....we are seeing multiple offers and homes that once sat for sometime suddenly become the "It" property.
Jill Elliott is a real estate agent for JP and Assoicates Realtors. She specializes in residential real estate in Frisco, Plano, The Colony, Little Elm, East Dallas and Lavon. She can be reached at 469-500-1300, JillElliotthomes.com or JillElliotthomes@gmail.com
Author:Jill Elliott Phone: 469-500-1300 Dated: March 27th 2012 Views: 3,305 About Jill: When you choose to work with Jill expect a blast of energy, dedication and commitment unmatched in t...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
4 TIPS FOR EFFECTIVELY MAKING AN OFFER4 TIPS FOR EFFECTIVELY MAKING AN
"It has been our pleasure to have had the privilege of working with such an outstanding professional. I have bought and sold numerous properties in my life and have never encountered as great, honest and trustworthy of an agent as Corey Moody. We will definitely recommend him to all our friends and associates and hopefully work with him again in the near future."