1) Millennials will drive household formations: As we millennials grow up and get out of the roommate game, we’re going to take advantage of low mortgage rates and affordable housing markets. “Households headed by millennials will see significant growth as a reflection of economic gains,” the report stated. “Millennials will also drive two-thirds of household formations over the next five years.”
2) Existing home sales will increase +8 percent: Buyers, motivated by the expectation of rising rates and home prices, will choose 2015 as the year to buy, but instead of focusing on new construction like they did in 2012, homebuyers will look to existing homes. Baby boomers will drive many home sales as they downsize, and millennials will make up 65 percent of first-time sales in 2015.
3) Home prices will increase between 4 and 5 percent: It’s your regular story of low inventory and high demand lead by job growth. This will be a problem for the markets where you’ll pay $500K and up for a closet with a glorified half bath like San Francisco and San Jose, Calif. Of course, this will also make more affordable markets like Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta more attractive.
4) Mortgage rates will end the year at 5 percent: Rates are forecasted to increase toward the middle of next year, so look for a robust spring buying season. That’s when I’d plan to list a home, for sure. There will be an uptick in more creative financing as demand increases ahead of forecasted rate hikes.
5) Home affordability will drop 5 to 10 percent: With higher prices, higher demand, rising rates, and yet still slow-to-catch-up salaries, expect fewer people in all to be able to afford a home. Incomes are expected to increase next year, but it’s yet to be seen if that will prove a measurable impact in overall affordability.
Author:Deborah Boyd Phone: 940-368-1306 Dated: December 5th 2014 Views: 998 About Deborah: My family has lived in North Texas for generations so I personally know the residential areas of Fri...
JP And Associates REALTORS (JPAR) is one of the top 100 independently owned brokerages in the US. A full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in real estate sales and marketing services with multiple offices across the US and expanding quickly. JPAR is also one of Real Trends top 500 Brokerages in the US for volume and sales and in the top 1% in the US for sales.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary services and exceed our clients’ expectations by always committing to the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and standards in the real estate industry.
JP and Associates REALTORS is a real estate company with a solid structure and foundation built around service and productivity. We believe in providing a fun and rewarding environment for all our REALTORS® and therefore always ready to support our REALTORs® Associates in any market and in any condition. All our REALTORs® will always strive to close more transactions in a given year than the average REALTOR®. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most professional, better trained REALTORs Associates in the local market.
If you are interested in a new career in real estate or already have a real estate license but wish to learn more about our company please contact us directly to set up an interview. We offer our agents a 100% commission plan, company leads, training and mentoring and coaching from TOP Producers with no office, desk fees or monthly marketing fees ever. We are a full service brokerage at a transaction fee cost.
At JP And Associates REALTORS we strive to exceed our Clients AND our Associates expectations.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: 1 (800) 683-5651
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
I read recently that the CEO of Zillow.com, Spencer Rascoff collected
"We interviewed 2 different realtors when we decided to list our house. Pam was very responsive and personable. From the time we signed with her until after the closing she was quick to respond and eager to advise. We received 5 offers on our house within 5 days of it being listed and all we over our asking price. The process went smoothly with her guidance and assistance"