The Colony Is Growing In Furniture

The Colony Is Growing In Furniture

Construction of the new Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony is well underway, though it is so large, it’s taking two years to construct.  The store, the fourth location for the company, will be 560,000 square feet of showroom space with another 1.3 million square feet of distribution center/warehouse, all under one roof.   By the way, 560,000 square feet of showroom space is reported to be more than twice the size of Ikea and will be the largest home furnishings store in the United States.  A check of their website (www.nfm.com) reveals that Nebraska Furniture Mart not only carries furniture, home furnishings, and mattress, but also carries appliances, electronics, flooring, lighting, and kitchen countertops and cabinets. Nebraska Furniture Mart was started in 1937 by Rose Blumkin (affectionately referred to as Mrs. B) in the basement of her husband’s downtown Omaha store.  Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway now owns 80% of the company with the founding family owning the remaining 20%.  As an aside, Mrs. B worked in the Omaha store until she was 103. Scheduled to open Spring 2015, Nebraska Furniture Mart is located off of the Sam Rayburn (121) Tollway between Spring Creek Parkway and Plano Parkway.  Top Golf is also building a new entertainment venue nearby.


Rene Sinclair Headshot
Author:
Phone: 972-816-9816
Dated: October 9th 2013
Views: 3,930
About Rene: Originally from Phoenix, Arizona, by way of Conway, Arkansas, René got to Texas as soon as she coul...

Property Search








RSS Feed

View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access. RSS

Search Blog

Recent Blogs

Spring Is The Time To Buy HOME - Spring is near and, warm weather mak
Open House Sat Feb 25 From 1 Til 3 11308 Seaside In Frisco - Join Home Team Realty Group for an o
Feb 23 2017 17359 1 - The Impact of Homeownership on Famil
Reasons Why Realtors Ask For A Preapproval - I always ask for a preapproval up fr

Our Bloggers

Comprar Casa DFW * - 1
Gabrielle Armstrong - 1
Cara Balderas - 32
Tami Bennett - 45
Jessica Boozer - 18
Rhonda Borgne - 1
Olivia Borowski - 1
Jennifer Boyd - 2
Deborah Boyd - 390
Jamie Brannagan - 1
Kathryn Brick - 1
Annette Bruen - 20
Moira Brunken - 18
Beverly Bryant - 23
Ana Cantu - 1
Lisa Cardillo - 52
Bob Cardillo - 4
Lucina Cervantes - 11
Gregory Cornett - 2
Angela Cotten - 65
Missie Craig - 12
Greg Cunningham - 2
Belinda Duff - 5
Leah Ecob - 15
Kristine Edens - 3
Jill Elliott - 99
Laneal Ernest - 9
Nicole Espinosa - 27
Christopher Evans - 1
Heather Feragotti - 8
Mark Fischer - 2
Susan Florsch - 12
Jennifer Flynn - 8
Leslie Fogle - 101
Larry Frassinelli - 6
Chad Gabriel - 58
Malci Gariani - 1
Shalee Garza - 10
Cassie Gillock - 2
Christina Gonzalez - 5
Wilma Goodwin - 2
William Graves - 5
Kristen Henderson - 1
Sandra Hunt - 81
Bill Hurd - 3
Gary Hutchings - 20
Rachel Jama - 47
Trenton Johnson - 15
Felicia Johnson - 78
Jemi Khan - 26
Leigh Klotz - 5
Amber L Johnson - 8
Michele Lafortune - 22
Wanda Lewis - 2
Noreen Lodhi - 9
Stacy Lynn Massar - 27
Jennifer Menting - 17
Mikki Migis - 8
Richard Mikus - 1
Sean Moniri - 21
Naddia Morales - 10
Keith Moses - 9
Mark Mulch - 19
Erick Murphy - 6
Steve Murray - 1
Julie Nicholson - 10
Nikki Okpuzor - 3
Alan Oliver - 7
Kelly Oltmann - 4
Kaysone Orlando - 1
Holli Paddio - 3
JP Piccinini - 50
Julie Ann Pickering - 85
Ann-Marie Pope - 2
Joshua Putman - 111
Mimi Rader - 1
Shelia Randolph - 33
Teneka Ray - 1
Go 2 Girls Realty - 173
Bethany Rowan - 15
Kristi Roy - 1
Kelly Rumney - 9
Amy Jo Saenz - 3
Linda Scardis - 4
Sandy Setliff - 210
Christine Shannon - 29
Rene Sinclair - 27
Shelby Smith - 3
Bryce Smith - 5
Monica Solkhon - 1
Rodrigo Sotomayor - 16
Jenna Stanley - 9
Kelley Stubbs - 3
Melodie Sulgrove - 1
Seana Taylor - 207
Mary Taylor - 14
Kevin Taylor - 15
Julian Taylor - 17
Erica Taylor - 52
Angela Taylor - 1
Karla Terrell - 2
Joey Thomas - 2
Jason Todd - 24
Andrea Trimble - 55
Miguel Umana - 6
Diane Velez - 17
Debbie Viverito - 132
Nick Walton - 75
Spring Weeks - 9
Michael Worley - 160
Keisha York - 30
Debbie Zurita - 17

Saved Properties

This is a list of your favorite properties. We will email you if a property is reduced or leaves the market.

Click 'Save' to add a property to this list.

Register / Login

New & returning visitors please enter your information to login.

By clicking 'register' you are agreeing to our terms of use & giving us expressed written consent to contact you.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

This message will go directly to the head of our team.

Location & Address

JP And Associates REALTORS
6175 Main Street #355 Frisco Texas 75034
Frisco, TX
972-375-9448
4692875503

Other Locations