If you are looking for some great activities to do with your family this weekend, this blog is for you! Frisco's Christmas in the Square has just about everything! Here is a list of some of the fun activities that are going on this weekend. All of these activities can be done right in the square in downtown Frisco. Along with some great places to look at Christmas Lights around the Dallas area!
Content From Community Impact Newspaper: By Nicole Luna
1. Skate the Square: In a real 44 ft x 66ft ice skating rink! OPEN until Jan 3rd
Hours of operation: 4-10pm Mon-Thur & Noon-10pm Fri-Sun. The rink is closed on Christmas day and during inclement weather.
Cost: $10/pp including skates
2. INNER-TUBING SNOW SLIDE: ONLY DEC 19TH:Vistors can slide in inner tubes down one of four 100-foot snow slides!! The snow is made of ice sent through a snow machine then blown onto the slide.
The snow slide is open from 5-10pm Dec 19th ONLY. There is NO COST to ride the slide!!
3. VISIT WITH SANTA:ONLY DEC 19TH:Santa Claus visits are held in the vacant retail space between POParella's and Barre3 on Coleman Boulevard. Visits are free and families are welcome to take their own photos. Santa will be in Frisco from 5-10pm on DEC 19TH ONLY.
4. FOOD TRUCKS!! ONLY DEC 19TH: There will be Food Trucks offering Holiday treats set up in Frisco Square for one day ONLY! Vendor offerings range from funnel cakes to cheese steaks. Additional selections include chicken wings, french fries, fried pickles and drinks. The trucks will be in operation from 5-10pm on Dec 19. Food item prices vary.
5. CARRIAGE RIDES: Take an open air horse-drawn carriage ride around Frisco square. Rides are offered Thur-Sun from 6-10pm, except for Christmas Day they are closed. Ends Jan 3rd.
Cost is $6/pp
6. TRACKLESS TRAIN RIDES: Take a ride in a trackless train around Simpson Plaza in Frisco Square. Train rides take place 5-10PM on Dec 19th ONLY.
Cost is $3/pp
7. PARACHUTING SANTA! ONLY DEC 19TH: Watch Santa Claus parachute into Frisco Square. This is a one-time event that takes place at 5pm. There is no cost to watch Santa parachute jump!
8. THE MAIN ATTRACTION: A light and music show is the main attraction of Christmas in the Square. The lights are choreographed to music played on 107.3 FM. Nightly from 6-10PM through Jan 2nd.
REGIONAL LIGHTS GUIDE:
HOLIDAY LIGHTS AT DEERFIELD: Deerfield's Christmas light tradition started when the neighborhood was new and builders started a Christmas lights competition as a way to get people to visit the neighborhood.
Times: 7-11PM Nightly through Dec30
Northwest Plano between Preston & Coit Rd
FARMERS BRANCH TOUR OF LIGHTS: Features more than 500,000 flashing lights, along with festive holiday music and a grand finale featuring Santa Claus.
* 6:30-9:3PM Nightly through Dec 30 (except Dec 25th)
* Farmers Branch Historical Park, 2450 Farmers Branch Lane
*FREE, donations accepted
Frisco is a great place for families! If you are looking to buy or sell in Frisco, click the link below to see what your home is worth!
Recently there has been a lot of talk about home prices and if they ar
"Seana Taylor did an amazing job helping us find the perfect home. She was quick to respond and eager to answer any and all questions that we had. We would definitely recommend Seana to our family and friends! Thank you for all of your hard work Seana! "